Sports vectors Copyright-free vector graphics

Forum Home Forum Home > Vector Stuff > Work in Progress
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

newbie question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: newbie question
    Posted: 23/May/2008 at 4:01pm
I am working on a logo for my cottage.  I'd like to perhaps make a hat with it on it or a mug or something to give my dad.  Anyhow, what do you think of it? 

I know....The "G" 's are a little off and the lettering script isn't the clearest or matches the curve; but I don't really know how to fix it. Embarrassed  What would you do?  Please feel free to take it and change stuff around - maybe the red should be green?  ugh. Maybe I've just looked at it too long and I need to see it in a different light.

The Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/May/2008 at 8:36pm
This is a nice logo. Suggestions: Shorten the Temagami, Ontario part--I think the long length is making the curve seem awkward. Fix the G and mae sure it follows the curve of the banner and I think its good. Also, grammatically, add the comma on the top text.
riki20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riki20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/May/2008 at 12:36am
I agree with The Fan, this is very good logo. You can level letters simply by converting them to paths and then aligning one by one or you can use Path Type Tool.

As The Fan said you should shorten Temagami Ontario part and maybe add few more stars if there is much space left.

One thing I would change is that maple leaf at the bottom. It's kind of coming out of nowhere and maybe you should try to create some background at the bottom of the leaf to make it look like more natural, even change the color, it's too red for the rest of the logo...
phuck.stic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phuck.stic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/May/2008 at 12:40am
The overall look is good. But it looks like you're placing each letter individually. Not sure what program you're using, but if you're using AI try doing the lettering with the Type on a Path tool, or use the Envelope Distort options to get the right arch in the lettering, that way they are all done at once. 
skitzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/May/2008 at 1:30pm
Ahhh that's the problem... I JUST got AI and I don't know how to use it.  I don't know how to make a path or anything.  I just need a couple hours to sit down with it but I'm swamped here.  What do you think of the colour?  
JTMagilla View Drop Down
VP Senior Member
VP Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTMagilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/May/2008 at 8:26pm
If you upload the eps file, one of us will clean it up for you
jtmagilla@gmail.com
skitzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/May/2008 at 10:01am
Ugh - sorry all, that's why I'm on this forum.  I made it as a jpg so what you see is the best I can do.  I guess I need to have it converted to a vector first eh?  
JTMagilla View Drop Down
VP Senior Member
VP Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTMagilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/May/2008 at 6:30pm
Post the jpg file as large as you can and I'm sure someone will have a crack at it
jtmagilla@gmail.com
skitzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/May/2008 at 6:35am
Uh..ya, that's as big as I have it.  Ya see, I was just making it for the website and I really didn't know anything about sizes - so I just built it the size it appears.  (I know better now - you guys teach me a lot through conversation)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic